Monday, September 19, 2011

Eleksyon 2010

Voting Day 2010, where our current president, Noynoy Aquino, won his seat. I went with my mom and sister to the local public school to take some pictures. This was incidentally the first time the automated voting system was to be implemented, which explains the long lines amidst the hot afternoon sun.


Outside the school you can see a lot of vendors peddling their wares, which is good enough because the long lines will make you stay there way past lunchtime. I had to fetch something for my mom and sister while they were in there waiting for their turn to vote.




Some kids will just play wherever you put them.







I like how all kinds of people turn up for voting day. It means there are still a lot of people who believe in a democracy, and that the faith they put into their candidates can translate into a better life for them.